1) the nature of your project:
a. frequency of travelling; b. indoor or outdoor; c. related to school/teaching; d. related to festivals
- Summer is very suitable for travelling around Iceland, as it is long hours with sunlight and stable weather with good road condition. You can go through highland without big trouble, maybe just need a 4x car.
- Actually, winter in Iceland is not really cold. The average of temperature is around -10 to 10 degree. Most of the time is around zero. However, snowing is more often after X'mas and Olafsfjordur can have thick and heavy snow up to 1-2 meters. Sometimes some areas could be very windy and the weather is unstable and unpredictable at all. So, if you want to travel around, you have to take it easy and don't make a tight schedule.
- School term is from January to May and September to November.
- There are a lot of festivals around Iceland in summer. Around Olafsfjordur, please check here.
2) Your personality
- Spring is good for people who like bird watching, skiing, enjoy snow with blue sky.
- Summer is suitable for travelling around, hiking, meeting people in festivals, programs, activities, etc.
- Autumn is wonderful for seeing color changes of the nature. Travelling could be good too if you can afford for renting car, but the weather are not as stable as summer time.
- Winter is more suitable for people who enjoy quiet, white Christmas with warm festival atmosphere, etc. Good to concentrate your works.
- School or education project is only during school term, January to May and September to November.